Heroes of the Colosseum is published by LnL Publishing and designed by Ed Teixeira of THW Game Design.
Not one but two games! Inside Heroes of the Colosseum you’ll find everything you need to recreate the blood sport of gladiatorial combat and also the excitement of chariot racing. On the gladiator side you’ll find:
- Rules to personalize your gladiators, making each truly unique.
- A way to generate Non-Player Gladiators, opponents totally controlled by the game mechanics.
- Two full color arenas, beautiful counters, and Roster Sheets to represent the gladiators and their equipment.
- Quick to learn, but hard to master, combat rules that accurately reflect the gladiatorial way of combat.
- An easy to use Campaign System, to track the success of your gladiators, as they rise in abilities.
- Three different Locales to fight in, from the Fringes of the Empire to Rome herself, where only the greatest gladiators can gain their freedom.
The second game lets you race chariots at the Circus Maximus. Like your gladiator counterpart; your charioteer starts his journey to Fame & Fortune, on the Fringes of the Empire. With luck and skill, you increase in abilities and climb up the ladder to freedom. On the way, you will whip and bash all opponents who stand between you and your ultimate goal – freedom! Inside you’ll find:
- Rules to personalize your charioteer, making each truly unique.
- A full color Racing Oval, beautiful counters, and Roster Sheets to track your chariots.
- A unique mechanic where, unlike other chariot games where you fall behind and out of the race, each player is always in the race, making critical decisions each and every turn.
- An easy to use Campaign System, to track the success of your charioteers, as they rise in abilities.
- A way to generate Non-Player Charioteers, totally controlled by the game mechanics.
In Heroes of the Colosseum, you have everything you need to do this and much more. But perhaps the best thing about the game is that it can be played solo against the game mechanics, cooperatively with all players against the game, or competitively against your friends.
Your time grows short as you make your way to the arena for your first match. All the training and the pain which you endured to make it here, you hope, will serve you well. The doors part, the crowd roars as you stride to the center of the arena. You look across the sand, soon to be blood red, as your opponent appears. The editor signals the start of the match and you’re off! Will this be the start of a glorious career or merely the end? Welcome to the world of …Heroes of the Colosseum. – LnL Publishing description.
Company Website: http://www.lnlpublishing.com/
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LocknLoadPub
LnL Publishing on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+LnlpublishingGames/posts
If you like what we bring you, please vote for us here: http://www.boardgamelinks.com/links/details/1420
Club Fantasci on Facebook: www.facebook.clubfantasci
Club Fantasci on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/clubfantasci
Club Fantasci on Youtube: YouTube
Club Fantasci on Google+: Club Fantasci