D&D fans have spoken: Dragon+ is a big hit!
Since the all-in-one D&D companion launched in the App Store and on Google Play, Dragon+ has delighted fans of Dungeons & Dragons and newcomers alike.
Within the first week of its iTunes release, Dragon+ reached the following milestones:
- Featured in the Best New Apps section
- Ranked #3 app overall in the News Stand
- Reached #1 in the Entertainment category in the News Stand, ranking ahead of publications like People Magazine and Maxim
Readers are enjoying the sleek modern layout, the multi-media content (including videos from Acquisitions, Inc. and a new comic presented by Scott Kurtz of PVP), and deep-dives into the lore of the Forgotten Realms and Elemental Evil storyline. And the user reviews have been really flattering. On the App Store, Dragon+ has a 4.5 star rating based on 128 reviews, with the vast majority ranking the app as five stars. The response on Android has been even more positive, with an average rating of 4.59 from 309 reviews.
Here’s what some folks have been saying:
- “Great articles, fun to read, it’s a neat way to get creative content from my favorite game and hobby.”
- “Great Read If you are a fan of D&D this is a great app to have!”
- “What I wanted without knowing it. Nice app with articles related to DnD. Will make it easier than ever to keep up with the new stuff.”
- “Dragon magazine is reborn! Great app, was way excited to see dragon back. Very well done. Very smooth and intuitive. Grab it you’ll love it.”
Readers can look for the next issue of Dragon+ to drop in June. The issue will focus on the legacy Dungeons & Dragons has had in video games and will include new details from n-Space on the world and heroes in the upcoming CRPG Sword Coast Legends, as well as pre-generated character sheets based on the companions players will recruit in the single player campaign. In addition, Ed Greenwood, the creator of the Forgotten Realms setting, will provide a preview of his new book Spellstorm, and readers can learn about updates on the D&D Adventurer’s League.
For the cover of the June issue, Wizards of the Coast tapped the talents of the artist known as Hydro74, who has created striking vector-based artwork for properties like Star Wars, Halo and the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Check out a preview of his interpretation of the Dungeons & Dragons ampersand below.
ABOUT WIZARDS OF THE COAST
Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. Wizards’ players and fans are members of a global community bound together by their love of both digital gaming and in-person play. The company brings to market a range of gaming experiences under powerful brand names such as MAGIC: THE GATHERING and DUNGEONS & DRAGONS. Wizards is also a publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times best-sellers. For more information about our world renowned brands, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at www.wizards.com.
If you like what we bring you, please vote for us here:http://www.boardgamelinks.com/links/details/1420
Club Fantasci on Facebook: www.facebook.clubfantasci
Club Fantasci on Twitter: www.twitter.com/clubfantasci
Club Fantasci on Google+: Club Fantasci